The Greene County Public Library seeks a positive, creative, energetic, and enthusiastic Part-Time Youth Services Coordinator (12-15 hours per week) to provide services to children (birth through eighteen) and their families. Bilingual a plus. (Salary range $12.00-$15.00 a hour)
JOB PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Branch Manager, support the overall mission of the Neuse Regional Library by effectively providing library services to customers and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan and present diverse and creative programs for children and their caregivers, including storytime, STEM programs, and other activities that support literacy and creativity.
- Assist Branch Manager and Youth Services Department to plan, promote and provide outreach services for area schools, preschools, daycares and community organizations.
- Prepare and merchandise department displays and continually maintain interactive areas.
- Ensure all policies and procedures of the Neuse Regional Library are followed.
- Serve on planning committees and attend library meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for children’s literature.
- Familiarity with current technology.
- Ability and aptitude to teach and educate customers and staff in one-on-one or group situations.
- Ability to strategically balance the Library’s goals and the customer needs.
- Ability to use creative problem-solving with a focus on “yes” to meet the customer’s needs.
- Ability to work various work shifts including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel locally.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve while assisting customers.
- Ability to enhance the customers experience through exceptional service.
- Ability to continually represent the Library’s image by providing best solution strategies that satisfy both the customer and the library.
- Assist the facilitation of projects and programs successfully.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Learn and utilize the library’s technology and procedures.
Education and/or Other Requirements:
- Prefer two-year college degree with relevant work experience.
- Must hold a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Physical Demands: Job involves a considerable amount of movement and activity. Work routinely involves lifting or handling material weighing up to 15 lbs., using computer, travel to other work locations, and transporting materials and equipment related to programming and outreach services.
- Emotional Demands: Some stress related to public contact. Some pressure related to sustained periods of high- volume activity and multiple demands.
- Physical Environment: Typical office/library Some periods of elevated noise levels during programs and peak times.
- Mental Demands: This is high-level professional and technical work requiring sophisticated reasoning and independent judgment. Work is performed with minimal supervision and allows for significant discretion and variance in work routine.
Application and 3 professional references should be submitted by October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call 252.527.7066 ext. 122. EOE