Library Assistant I
Job Class: Part Time (15 hours per week)
Rate of Pay and Benefits: Beginning pay grade $9.50 an hour
Direct Supervisor: La Grange Public Library Branch Manager
Hours: Schedule includes an evening and/or weekend hours.
Who You Are:
- You understand and value the idea of the Library as a community hub and gathering place for community members to learn and exchange ideas.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- You engage well with others and are dedicated to providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You are excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You will work collaboratively with other members of the Library staff to generate program ideas and coordinate development of activities that support literacy and creativity.
- You will provide friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful library services to our patrons while working the public desk. This could include: reference questions, reader’s advisory, technology assistance, circulation of materials, and more.
- Ensure all policies and procedures of the Neuse Regional Libraries are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Other Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent combination of experience and training is required.
- Must hold a valid North Carolina Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
Physical Demands: Position involves a considerable amount of movement and activity. Work routinely involves lifting or handling material weighing up to 15 lbs., using computer, occasional travel to other work locations, and transporting materials and equipment relating to programming and outreach services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
Submit application with 3 professional references by May 3, 2021 to email@example.com. If you would like further details, please contact Rose Burton at 252.566.3722 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Neuse Regional Libraries are an equal opportunity employer and will comply with federal and state statues regarding discrimination in employment matters.